A2Z - Andrew Neu / Rob Zinn
SAXOPHONIST - ANDREW NEU
HOME BASE: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
MUSIC STYLE: A creative and unique mixture of jazz, R&B and Latin music woven around a steady groove.
By blending a unique mix of jazz, R&B, classical and Latin music, Andrew Neu is one of the most exciting, multi-genre musicians today. He is well respected throughout the industry for his work as a saxophonist, woodwind player, arranger, composer, educator and recording artist.
Regularly touring the world with Bobby Caldwell, Diane Schuur and Smokey Robinson, Neu has shared the stage with Elton John, Patti Labelle, Mellissa Manchester, Mel Torme, Joey DeFrancesco, The Philadelphia Orchestra, The Philly Pops, The Four Tops, and The Temptations among others. He has recorded with Sister Sledge, Manhattan Transfer, David Sanborn, Gerald Veasley, Jeff Lorber, Brian Bromberg, Rick Braun, Brian Culbertson, Chuck Loeb, Paul Brown and Buddy DeFranco. He was a featured soloist on Peter White’s number 1 song and record, ‘Here We Go’ on Billboard in 2012.
After releasing four contemporary jazz CDs, 2018 marks the debut of Andrew’s big band jazz CD, “Catwalk,” recorded in Los Angeles. It features all of Andrew’s arrangements and soloists Bob Mintzer, Randy Brecker, Gordon Goodwin and Eric Marienthal. He was the conductor and arranger for Bobby Caldwell’s CD, “After Dark”, conducting members of the Airmen of Note. Andrew contributed two arrangements for Bernie Dresel’s CD, “Live ‘N Bernin.”
Andrew began conducting the jazz ensemble at Swarthmore College in 2014. In high demand as a clinician, he has led clinics in high schools, colleges and jazz camps throughout California, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey and Japan. He’s conducted the jazz program at Lower Merion High School since 1999 leading the band on four tours of Italy.
Andrew is a graduate of Temple University’s Esther Boyer College of Music with additional studies at University of the Arts. His big band charts are published by Kendor Music and Marina Music. For more information visit https://www.andrewneu.com
• “If Everything Happens for a Reason, then Neu’s emergence as a bona fide leader…is something that the contemporary jazz gods have ordained.” – Jonathan Widran, jazzmonthly.com
• “Andrew Neu’s Everything Happens for a Reason will be his breakout album. It’s got all the ingredients in place – strong songs, world-class musicianship, brilliant production…this is a monster of a hit! ” – Scott O’Brien, smoothjazz.com
Recorded with Sister Sledge, Manhattan Transfer, David Sanborn, Gerald Veasley, Jeff Lorber, Brian Bromberg, Rick Braun, Brian Culbertson, Chuck Loeb, Paul Brown and Buddy DeFranco. He was a featured soloist on Peter White’s #1 Billboard song and record, ‘Here We Go’ in 2012.
• BB Kings – NYC, NY
• Berks Jazz Festival – Reading, PA
• Bethesda Blues & Jazz Supper Club – Bethesda, MD
• Billboard Live – Tokyo & Osaka, Japan
• Birdland – NYC, NY
• Blue Note – NYC, Hawaii
• The Bottom Line – Nagoya, Japan
• Catalina Jazz Club – Hollywood, CA
• Cotton Club – Tokyo, Japan
• Funky Biscuit – Boca Raton, FL
• Hollywood Bowl – Hollywood, CA
• Iridium – NYC, NY
• Jazz Alley – Seattle, WA
• Jazziz – Boca Raton, FL
• Loews O’Hare Hotel – Chicago, IL
• Rams Head – Annapolis, MD
• Rhazz Room – San Francisco, CA
• Scullers – Boston, MA
• The Funky Biscuit – Boca Raton, FL
• The Soiled Dove – Denver, CO
• Thornton Winery – Temecula, CA
• Smooth Cruise Summer Series – New York, NY
• South Kitchen Jazz Bar – Philadelphia, PA
• Spaghettini’s – Seal Beach, CA
• Yoshi’s – Oakland, CA
TRUMPETER - ROB ZINN
HOME BASE: St Petersburg, FL
MUSIC STYLE: Spirited grooves and vibes, from ambient, soulful and bluesy to mid-tempo sensual and deep in the pocket funk.
In 2016, veteran trumpeter and flugelhornist Rob Zinn launched an exciting new phase of his distinguished, multi-faceted career, emerging as an internationally recognized independent smooth jazz artist and composer with his critically acclaimed albums Walk The Walk (2018) and Yesterday Again (2016). Walk the Walk was selected for the 61st Grammy Ballot for Best Contemporary Instrumental Album.
Zinn, an endorser of Chicago based Phaeton Trumpets just released his sophomore album, Walk The Walk in April 2018. Produced by 2-time Grammy winner Paul Brown, Walk The Walk is an explosive collection of a multitude of styles that Zinn has performed over the years, including funk, Latin, R&B, rock, pop and urban jazz.
In addition to showcasing his infectious songwriting and versatility on horns, it included guest appearances by East Coast based genre great Andrew Neu (saxophones) and West Coast great Michael Paulo (saxophones) and of course Paul Brown’s tasty guitar licks on several tracks. Songs from the album received airplay on over 125 smooth jazz stations around the world with a listening audience in 84 countries.
The title track, featuring Neu, charted top 20 on such prominent outlets as the Smooth Jazz Top 50 Album chart, Smooth Jazz Radar chart, Smooth Jazz Indie chart, Smooth Jazz Network Top 100 chart, Groove Jazz Music Chart Top 30 and the RadioWave Internet Play chart, and received “Most Added” designations on Nielsen/Billboard, the Smooth Jazz chart and Groove Jazz Music Top 30 chart. Zinn has performed at numerous jazz festivals such as the Clifford Brown Jazz Festival, the Lake Arbor Jazz Festival, Mallorca Smooth Jazz Festival, Berks Jazz Festival, Sandy Shore’s Jazz Weekender and the Jazz Legacy Foundation as well as venues throughout the country. When not playing with his own band, Rob often appears as a sideman with guitar player and double Grammy winner Paul Brown. For more information visit http://robzinn.com
• “Seldom do artists come along with a debut solo album one year, follow that up with the sophomore release less than two years later, and both turn out to be wonderful and filled to the brim with well-produced, well-conceived tracks. Seldom will I go out on a limb and proclaim that such an artist will be among the elite artists in no time flat.” – Ronald Jackson – The Smooth Jazz Ride
• “Trumpeter Rob Zinn has a knack for composing songs with infectious melodies. His debut project is engaging and it was a pleasure to be a part of it!” – Gerald Veasley
• “…contemporary jazz filled with real musicians, playing music that’s honest and not afraid to step out of the box… and yet maintains a cohesiveness that works like a great symphony!” – Andrew Neu
• “‘Yesterday Again’ is deliciously filled with a great mix of jazz, blues, funk, latin, R&B and pop styles… and will leave you wanting “More Tomorrow.” – Norrie Lynch the Groovefather at Smooth Jazz ‘IN THE MIX’ Scotland
• “The Smooth Jazz All Starz included Grammy Ballot Nominee trumpet and flugelhorn player Rob Zinn, who played a riff with a mute that Miles would be proud of…” – Doc Hardy On-Air Personality at WPKN Bridgeport 89.5 FM
Opened for Pieces of a Dream, Jeff Lorber Fusion with Eric Marienthal, Chuck Loeb, Jimmy Haslip and Khari Parker; James Lloyd, Norman Brown. Performed with Paul Brown, Rick Braun, Richard Elliot, Jazmin Ghent, Michael Paulo, Nick Colionne, Karen Briggs, Chieli Minucci, Ragan Whiteside, Eric Marienthal, JJ Sansaverino, Kim Waters, Brian Bromberg, Donald Robinson, Andrew Neu, James Lloyd, Jackiem Joyner, Brian Simpson, Adam Hawley, Lin Rountree, David P. Stephens, Jeanette Harris, Tracy Hamlin, Jay Rowe, Dw3, Peet Project, Marcus Johnson, Nathan Mitchell, Phillip Doc Martin, Marion Meadows, Ken Ford, Jr., Tony Exum Jr., Daniel D., Deon Yates, Willie Bradley and Gerald Veasley.
• Mallorca Smooth Jazz Festival – Mallorca, Spain
• Tin Pan – Richmond, VA
• Berks Jazz Festival Gerald Veasley’s Midnight Jam – Reading, PA
• A2Z Show – South Jazz Kitchen – Philadelphia, PA
• Sandy Shore’s Jazz Weekender – Carmel, CA
• Spaghettinis w/Paul Brown – Seal Beach, CA
• Jazz Legacy Foundation Gala w/Nick Colionne – Norfolk, VA
• Smooth Jazz News Magazine Appreciation Party Jam w/Rick Braun, Richard Elliot and more – Seal Beach, CA
• Sweet Jazz Festival w/Tracy Hamlin, Leesburg, VA
• Smooth Jazz w/Paul Brown & Joe McBride – Hampton, VA
• Paul Brown & Joe McBride Show – Springfield, MA
• Tin Pan w/Paul Brown – Richmond, VA
• Rob Zinn Group Chaddsford Winery Labor Day Jazz Weekend – Chaddsford, PA
• Rob Zinn Group Jazzy Fall Nights, Baltimore, MD
• Andrew Neu/Rob Zinn Summer Concert Series – Ardmore, PA
• St. James Live! w/Paul Brown – Atlanta, GA
• Rob Zinn Group Lake Arbor Jazz Festival – Mitchellville, MD
• 129 Lounge w/Paul Brown – Monroe, MI
• Rob Zinn Group Dining in the Streets w/Andrew Neu – New Castle, DE
• Spaghettini NAMM JAM – Seal Beach, CA
• Lake Arbor All-Star Jam – Bethesda, MD
• Rob Zinn Group Maryland Live! Casino – Hanover, MD
• Rob Zinn Group Winterthur Wine and Jazz Series – Wilmington, DE
• Bethesda Blues & Jazz Supper Club – Bethesda, MD
• Loews O’Hare Hotel w/Paul Brown & Jazmin Ghent – Chicago, IL
• Rob Zinn Group Clifford Brown Jazz Festival – Wilmington, DE
• Rob Zinn Group World Cafe Live – Wilmington, DE
• Rob Zinn Group Milton Theatre – Milton, DE
• Rob Zinn Group Southern Maryland Wine, Jazz, R&B and Funk Festival Calvert County Fairgrounds – Prince Frederick, MD