Catie Waters is an American singer, songwriter, and producer. Hailing from Arkansas, she is fulfilling her dreams by becoming a multi-hyphenate R&B, Soul, and pop singer-musician. Her musical career begins in 2015 when she started her band and began performing across the world.
Waters released her debut album-the critically acclaimed, hip-hop/jazz inflicted, Stone Child, when she was just 16. Her second album, Colors, was released in 2020 and debuted atop the US Jazz Billboard chart at number 11 and was the most added album by radio in its first week. It was also listed as one of Pop Magazine’s best albums of 2020. She is currently working on her third album to be released later this year.
Her band consists of well-traveled veteran side people for Janelle Monáe, Jonas Brothers, Harry Styles, Kirk Franklin, Ricky Martin, Jill Scott, Cory Henry & The Funk Apostles, PJ Morton, Snarky Puppy, and Erykah Badu. Waters has performed at festivals and venues all over the world—from the Dallas Sol Jazz Festival to the Catalina Island Jazz Trax Festival and the Dubai Jazz Festival—and been featured on iHeart radio, UnidosUS, in Latin Heat Entertainment, Indiewire, WINN, Music Connection, Jazziz Magazine, Uplift, and other publications. Her music is being played by radio stations in 75 countries.
She is also an ambassador for the Hispanic Heritage Foundation, San Fernando Valley Refugee Children’s Center, A Place Called Home, and the American Heart Association.
Waters is a member of the Recording Academy, ASCAP, and SAG. She is repped by manager, Cindy Castro DiRusso, Smarter Move Talent; and publicist, Brenda Herrera, The Herrera Agency. She is signed to Trippin’N’Rhythm Records/Sony Music Entertainment. For more information visit catiewaters.com
- Best Album of 2020 - Pop Magazine
- Nominated Breakout Artist of 2020 - Smooth Jazz Network
- Sophisticated. Saccharine. Smooth. These are the words that clamor for top spot when attempting to describe Catie Waters’ newest album, “Colors”. Jae B - Pop Magazine
- Catie Waters is an incredibly sultry and seductive singer, but an even greater songwriter and storyteller whose truth has many facets and emerges in a multitude of “Colors.” Jonathan Widran - The JW Vibe
- Catie Waters has a unique voice that blends R&B, pop, neo soul, jazz and funk, all in one disposition. Waters is a multi-faceted artist who is confident in her direction. She’s a performer who is absorbed in her work and vehement in conveying her beliefs with originality. Blessed with intelligence and a look that’s made for TV, Waters is on the rise and seems ready to stake her claim in music. Adam Seyum - Music Connection
- Waters writes organic songs with tremendous depth—songs that inspire and motivate change. Elia Esparza - Latin Heat Entertainment
- Dubai Jazz Festival - Dubai, UAE
- Catalina JazzTrax Festival - Catalina Island, CA
- Dallas Sol Jazz Festival - Dallas, TX
- Live On The Green Festival - Pasadena, CA
- Jazz Garden Series - Muscat, Oman
- Hotel Cafe Collaborative Show with Jon Huertas
- Live In The Vineyard - Napa, CA
- Carry The Load Event - Dallas, TX