Hailing from Fayetteville, Arkansas, multi-hyphenate singer-songwriter, Catie Waters, is fulfilling her dreams in Los Angeles—with the support of her loving family and no plan B. She knows that the road to success is perseverance. Before moving to California, she lived in Dallas, Texas. There she immersed herself in Jazz, Blues, Soul, and R&B music. Prior to that, she was mostly exposed to gospel music. All those sounds shaped her unique style of writing, singing, and performing. She’s been performing since she was seven years old.
Truly an “old soul” who possesses a remarkable awareness of herself and the world around her, the 23-year-old singer released her debut album—the critically acclaimed, hip-hop/jazz inflected, Stone Child, when she was just 16. She’s now ready to release her sophomore album, Colors, a mature collection of songs that show a mastery of her craft.
Throughout all of the emotional terrain she explores in its 10 tracks, she faces painful obstacles and ultimately powers through with hope and encouragement for herself and others. In her world, pain and struggle is temporary, and love and hope override and endure. From the wistful, heartbreaking reflections of “California Stars” and the edgy takedown “Crazy” to the calming hope of “Sanctuary” and tender encouragement of “Sunsets,” Catie – shares her truth with honesty and intimacy, making her listeners part of the multi-faceted experience. Other highlights include the funk and blues driven, vibrantly optimistic “Get Me Golden” and the high energy, gospel infused “Mountain Sound,” a spirited ode to her church upbringing in the Ozarks region of Arkansas.
The key producers helping bring Catie’s musical vision for Colors to life is Michael Broening, a Grammy winner renowned for his work with Al Jarreau and George Benson. In addition to the Broening-helmed tracks, Catie also works with Ben Bohorquez and two-time Grammy winner Caleb McCampbell (on “Feelin’ Alright,” “Sanctuary” and “Wicked”) and ten-time Grammy winner Philip Lassiter, Prince’s former trumpet player, on “Get Me Golden.” Keyboardist and Trippin N’ Rhythm labelmate Nicholas Cole is featured playing the Hammond B-3 on “Mountain Sound.”
Her band consists of well-traveled veteran side people for Erykah Badu, Jill Scott, Cory Henry & The Funk Apostles, Snarky Puppy, Marcus Miller, Stanley Clarke, and Tamela Mann. Catie has performed at festivals and venues all over the world from the Dallas Sol Jazz Festival to the Catalina Island Jazz Trax Festival and the Dubai Jazz Festival, and been featured in Latin Heat Entertainment, Indiewire, WINN, Music Connection, Upliftt, and other publications.
Music has given her a platform for activism and a wide range of philanthropic activities. In addition to mentoring young girls and advocating for animal adoptions, she would like to develop a music program specifically designed for inner city youth and a sanctuary for mistreated and abandoned animals.
While music is her first love, Catie is also a trained actress with several IMDB credits, including short films. She has studied comedy and improv at The Groundlings Theatre and School and Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre, as well as studied at the Speiser-Sturges Acting school.
Make sure you follow Catie Waters’ trajectory. She is just getting started—especially with the release of her new album, Colors. It will soon be available for purchase on all platforms. First single of the new album is Moonlight, now on the turntables of many radio stations.
- Best Album of 2020 - Pop Magazine
- Nominated Breakout Artist of 2020 - Smooth Jazz Network
- Sophisticated. Saccharine. Smooth. These are the words that clamor for top spot when attempting to describe Catie Waters’ newest album, “Colors”. Jae B - Pop Magazine
- Catie Waters is an incredibly sultry and seductive singer, but an even greater songwriter and storyteller whose truth has many facets and emerges in a multitude of “Colors.” Jonathan Widran - The JW Vibe
- Catie Waters has a unique voice that blends R&B, pop, neo soul, jazz and funk, all in one disposition. Waters is a multi-faceted artist who is confident in her direction. She’s a performer who is absorbed in her work and vehement in conveying her beliefs with originality. Blessed with intelligence and a look that’s made for TV, Waters is on the rise and seems ready to stake her claim in music. Adam Seyum - Music Connection
- Waters writes organic songs with tremendous depth—songs that inspire and motivate change. Elia Esparza - Latin Heat Entertainment
- Dubai Jazz Festival - Dubai, UAE
- Catalina JazzTrax Festival - Catalina Island, CA
- Dallas Sol Jazz Festival - Dallas, TX
- Live On The Green Festival - Pasadena, CA
- Jazz Garden Series - Muscat, Oman
- Hotel Cafe Collaborative Show with Jon Huertas
- Live In The Vineyard - Napa, CA
- Carry The Load Event - Dallas, TX