Home Base: MANASSAS, VA
Music Style: Contemporary and Smooth Jazz, Latin, Funk, R&B, POP, Rock n Roll
Major Scale Management
Gina McCain / 703-930-4594
Curtis McCain is a dynamic multi-percussionist who plays a variety of musical styles, rhythms and genres. He has been playing professionally for 21 years and has shared the stage and recorded with many well-known artists.
Curtis' latest percussion work can be heard on tracks of artists such as; saxophonist Will Donato's "You Got This" and "Renaissance Christmas", pianist Carol Albert's "Femme Flight" and "For The Moment" from Carol's latest album titled "Stronger Now", as well as bassist Christian de Mesones' "Hispanica", "Sweetnight", "Spirit", "Latin Jive Redux", "Good Old Days" and "Dekalb and Flatbush (Live)" from his new album titled "They Call Me Big New York". Most recently, Curtis has been in the studio working with saxophonist Phillip 'Doc' Martin and drummer Poogie Bell on tracks that are scheduled for release in 2020.
Curtis has collaborated with many other great artists and producers to include; guitarist Paul Brown, keyboardist Greg Manning, drummer Jay Williams, flautist Ragan Whiteside, saxophonist Magdalena Chovankova, guitarist Terry Wollman, drummer Eric Valentine, guitarist Darrell Crooks, bassist Alex Al and producer Marvin 'Tony' Hemmings.
Curtis' live performances are always rhythmically and visually entertaining and certainly live up to his motto "Bringin' Spice To Your Life" which resonates loud and clear to his ever-growing fan base.
As a freelance percussionist, Curtis has performed with bands opening for ZZ Top, Steve Miller Band and John Fogerty of Creedence Clearwater Revival and has performed shows with Lin Rountree, Carol Albert, Rob Zinn, Vincent Henry featuring Alex Bugnon, Debora Galan, Drew Davidsen, David Bach and Christian de Mesones. He has also shared the stage with Nick Colionne, Gerald Veasley, Will Donato, Brian Simpson, James Lloyd and Curtis Harmon, Marion Meadows, Steve Oliver, Maysa, Lindsey Webster, Keith Slattery, Warren Hill, Patrick Lamb, Michael Manson, Paula Atherton, Nathan Mitchell, Jazmin Ghent, Marcus Johnson, Jackiem Joyner, David P. Stevens, Jeanette Harris, Daniel D, Willie Bradley, Phillip 'Doc' Martin, Isaac Byrd Jr., Andrew Neu, Phaze II, Leroy 'Lonnie' Jordan from War and the horn section for Blood Sweat and Tears; Anibal Rojas, Brad Mason and Michael Boscarino.
• Berks Jazz Festival All-Star Jam w/Nick Colionne - Reading, PA
• Lake Arbor All-Star Jam w/Gerald Veasley - Bethesda, MD
• Jazz Legacy Foundation, Late Night Jam w/Nick Colionne - Norfolk, VA
• Gloria's w/Vincent Henry feat. Alex Bugnon - Warrenton, VA
• Tin Pan w/Lin Rountree - Richmond, VA
• City Winery Atlanta w/Carol Albert - Atlanta, GA
• Tin Pan w/Rob Zinn - Richmond, VA
• Chaddsford Winery Jazz Festival w/Rob Zinn feat. Andrew Neu - Chaddsford, PA
• Bethesda Blues and Jazz Supper Club w/Drew Davidsen - Bethesda, MD
• Lake Arbor Jazz Festival w/Rob Zinn - Mitchellville, MD
• Jazz Legacy Foundation, Late Night Jam w/The Fuzz Band - Hampton, VA
• Lake Arbor Jazz Festival w/Christian de Mesones - Mitchellville, MD
• Blues Alley w/Christian de Mesones - Washington, DC
• Bethesda Blues and Jazz Supper Club w/Christian de Mesones feat. Lindsey Webster - Bethesda, MD
• The Anthem w/Spookstock Festival - Washington, DC