Jacob Webb, the explosive contemporary jazz bassist, pianist, composer, producer, and record Label owner. Jacob's performances bring unmatched passion and energy to the stage combined with good vibes and a memorable experience.
Jacob Webb is an award-winning Record Label Owner, Producer, and Multi-Instrumentalist. A Native of Newton Kansas, Jacob started performing professionally at the age of 15 under the guidance of the legendary guitarist Jerry Hahn. In 2007, Jacob attended the prestigious music program at William Paterson University majoring in Jazz Performance. It was during this time that he co-founded the acclaimed contemporary Jazz group The JT Project. With The JT Project, Jacob composed and produced two #1 Billboard singles “Overdrive” and “Backyard Brew” a single featuring the legendary contemporary jazz artist Najee.
Valerie Simpson of Ashford and Simpson Awarded Jacob the prestigious “Reach Out and Touch” award in honor of Nick Ashford at Lincoln Center. That night Valerie described Jacob as a “Terrifically Talented Songwriter” which gave birth to Jacob writing over 100 songs for several prominent artists in the contemporary jazz space.
In 2018, Jacob created the record label Next Paradigm. His goal was to provide a space for musicians to receive national radio airplay in the contemporary jazz format. Currently there are 7 artists on the roster and growing. From that roster, multiple artists have received #1 Billboard Smooth Jazz National Airplay awards (6 total #1’s to date). Today, Next Paradigm is recognized by Billboard as the 4th ranking smooth jazz label in the world.
Jacob was asked by Sirius XM Watercolors (Channel 66.) to host his own show on “The Craft Room” series. During that show, Jacob showcased music that was most influential to him including the works of Kenny Garrett, Mulgrew Miller, Dennis Winslett and many others.
“Next Paradigm Live” Jazz Series is now the latest adventure of Jacob Webb, bringing in the finest contemporary jazz artists to New Brunswick, NJ at Perle’ Lounge. This new explosive series has now contracted artists such as Lin Rountree, Marcus Anderson, Kim Scott and many more to come!
Whether in his role as an artist, producer, or label owner, Jacob demonstrates excellence in all he does while pushing the boundaries to new limits. For more information visit www.jacobwebbmusic.com
- Valerie Simpson of Ashford and Simpson describes Jacob Webb as a “Terrifically talented songwriter” (ASCAP FOUNDATION AWARDS at Lincoln Center New York, New York)
- ASCAP “Reach Out and Touch” Award recipient in honor of Nick Ashford of Ashford and Simpson. Lincoln Center New York, New York
- 6x Billboard #1 Producer
- Inducted into the Newton High School Hall of Fame
- Ambassador of the United States (American Music Abroad)
- Sirius XM Watercolors “Craft Room” DJ host
COLLABORATIONS AND PERFORMANCES
Valerie Simpson of the legendary duo, Ashford and Simpson, Najee, Nick Colionne, Kim Scott, Kim Waters, Cindy Bradley, Pamela Williams, Lin Rountree, Lindsey Webster, Paula Atherton, Will Donato, Ladies of SKY, Freddy Jackson, Kenny Garrett, Mulgrew Miller, Jerry Hahn, Roy Hargrove and several others!
- Lincoln Center - New York, NY
- Kennedy Center - Washington DC
- Seabreeze Jazz Festival - Panama City Beach, FL
- Next Paradigm Live Jazz Series - New Brunswick, NJ
- Jazz Legacy Foundation - Hampton, VA
- Hub City Jazz Festival/New Brunswick Jazz Festival - New Brunswick, NJ
- Bradley Fair Concert Series - Wichita, KS
- Suite Lounge Jazz Series - Atlanta, GA
- Dubai Jazz Garden - Dubai, United Emirates
- Jazz at the Vineyard - Troutman, NC
- I Love Jazz Festival - Brazil