"There is a unique quality to Steve's music that I truly enjoy." - George Benson
"This is Bobby McFerrin with a guitar strapped to him!" - Art Good, Jazztrax
- Five #1 smooth jazz radio hits including the legacy track “High Noon”
- Over a dozen Top 10 radio hits
- A #1 selling smooth jazz album on Amazon.com with his 2018 release “Illuminate”
- Over 150,000 monthly listeners on Spotify alone with over 10 MILLION streams to date
- Co-writer and/or producer for many notable smooth jazz artists including Brian Simpson, Paul Taylor, Will Donato, Nicholas Cole, Steve Reid and more
- Toured as a member of Acoustic Alchemy and played festivals worldwide as a solo artist
- Star players Nelson Rangell, Vinnie Colaiuta, Harvey Mason, Eric Marienthal, Leland Sklar, Nathan East, Jimmy Haslip, Steve Madaio and more have played on his albums
With a career spanning over 25 years in music, multi-instrumentalist, singer, songwriter and producer Steve Oliver is still being heard each day on contemporary and smooth jazz radio around the world.
His career has produced multiple #1 hits on the Billboard charts and countless radio staples over nearly two decades - including with his latest album “Unified” (2020) - a collaboration with keyboardist Brian Simpson that has reached the #1 spot on the Billboard and Amazon jazz sales charts.
Steve’s been a touring member of Acoustic Alchemy, has played countless club dates and headlined festivals worldwide. He’s also co-written and produced tracks with Grammy award winning pianist Omar Akram and many smooth jazz notables including Vincent Ingala, Brian Simpson and Paul Taylor.
Having released eight studio albums, a live CD / DVD package and a “Best Of”, for Oliver, music is therapy and a welcomed diversion from the current world climate. With radio legacy hits to his credit including “High Noon”, “Fun In The Sun”, and “Global Kiss”, today Oliver is just as comfortable being a creator, adviser, and mentor to others.
With his 2019 full-length album “Illuminate”. A follow up to 2016’s acclaimed all vocal project “Pictures & Frames” (recorded with the legendary Vinnie Colaiuta on drums and Leland Sklar on bass at the famed Capitol Studios in Hollywood), Illuminate is record deeply rooted in contemporary jazz guitar melodies and Steve's trademark wordless vocalese. With Steve's instantly recognizable guitar lines and a list of guest artists that includes bass virtuoso Jimmy Haslip, the incredible Joel Taylor on drums, and sax luminary Nelson Rangell, Illuminate puts the spotlight back on one of the genre's most engaging performers and songwriters. For more information visit steveolivermusic.com
Is a touring member of smooth jazz supergroup “Guitar G-Force” with Tim Bowman and Nils. Steve has toured as a member of Acoustic Alchemy and opened for David Sanborn, Yellowjackets, Michael Franks, The Rippingtons and more
- Playboy Jazz Festival - Los Angeles, CA
- Seabreeze Jazz Festival - Panama City Beach, FL
- Catalina Island JazzTrax Festival - Catalina Island, CA
- Java Jazz Festival - Jakarta, Indonesia
- Grand Rapids Jazz Festival - Grand Rapids, MI
- San Diego Smooth Jazz Festival - San Diego, CA
- Richmond Jazz Festival - Richmond, VA
- Smooth Jazz Nights - Honolulu, HI
- Pizza Express - London, UK
- St. James Live - Atlanta, GA
- Scullers - Boston, MA
- Spaghettini - Seal Beach, CA
- Lyceum Theatre - San Diego, CA
- Festival of Arts - Laguna Beach, CA
- Saint Rocke - Hermosa Beach, CA
- Bethesda Blues & Jazz - Bethesda, MD