International Composer, Producer and Keyboardist
Greg Manning is a Berklee College of Music alum and an amalgam of cultures. Born in Nigeria and raised in Switzerland, Greg moved to Los Angeles in 2002 and has had an incredible career as a composer, producer and keyboardist.
Greg’s music is the union of jazz, soul, and funk and is described as “Soul-Jazz at its best." The title track of his album “Sugar and Spice," spent 20 weeks on the charts rising to #5 on Billboard and his chart topping single "Top Down" was celebrated as Billboard's 2019 Smooth Jazz Song of the Year. Greg once again is off to an incredible start in 2020, as his single, "Twinkle" debuted at #29 on Billboard and has now released a second single “Grateful” featuring Judah Sealy.
Greg is no stranger to the Billboard success as both a solo artist and a producer, working with top jazz artists like Jeff Ryan, Will Donato, Paula Atherton, Phil Denny, Kim Scott, Blake Aaron, Blair Bryant, Kevin Jackson and many others. Greg has been nominated for two Grammy Awards, one with Herb Alpert - “Human Nature” Best Contemporary Instrumental Album - 2016 and another with Keb Mo - “The Reflection” Best Blues Album 2011. Greg is also a three-time certified platinum producer for Universal Music Switzerland, and has had several Swiss Chart toppers.
Greg is the former keyboardist and music director for Grammy Award-nominated artist Jonathan Butler and keyboardist for Mindi Abair, Gerald Albright, Will Downing, Richard Elliot and Kirk Whalum, to name a few. Greg toured extensively for ten years throughout the U.S., Europe, South Africa, and the U.K., performing at some of the world’s most prominent festivals and jazz venues. For more information visit gregmanningmusic.com
- Debuted #29 on Billboard 2020 - "Twinkle"
- Billboard Smooth Jazz Song of the Year 2019 - "Top Down"
- #1 Song on Billboard, The Smooth Jazz Network and Mediabase chards - "Top Down"
- Smooth Jazz Network Song of the Year 2014 - "Dance with You"
- Nearly a decade touring as keyboardist and musical director for Grammy Award-nominee Jonathan Butler
- Producer, Composer and Co-writer for multiple chart topping artist including Jeff Ryan, Will Donato, Phil Denny, and Grammy award winners Najee and Deniece Williams.
Nominated for two Grammy Awards:
- Herb Alpert - “Human Nature” Best Contemporary Instrumental Album - 2016 Keb Mo - “The Reflection” Best Blues Album 2011
- Live performances with an array of world class artists including Kirk Whalum, Peter White, Jeffrey Osborne, Dave Koz, Chante’ Moore, Richard Elliot, Will Downing, Mindi Abair, and Gerald Albright
- 2007 Emmy Nomination for "Guy Love" arranged and performed for TV show "Scrubs"
- Three time Platinum Producer for Universal Music Switzerland
- Movie composer credits for films "Dead Lenny" and "Restraining Order"
- Roland's Intimate Smooth Jazz Getaway 2021 - Melbourne, FL
- Cool Jazz Smooth Soul Festival - Las Vegas, NV
- Mallorca Smooth Jazz Festival – Mallorca, Spain
- The Hollywood Bowl - Los Angeles , CA
- Spaghettini's - Seal Beach, CA
- Oxnard Jazz Festival - Oxnard, CA
- Yoshi's - Oakland, CA
- The Perfect Note - Hoover, AL
- San Diego Smooth Jazz Festival - San Diego, CA
- The Big Bib Too - San Antonio, TX
- The Aretha Franklin Amphitheater - Detroit, MI
- Festival of Arts - Laguna, CA
- South Coast Winery Resort & Spa - Temecula, CA
- Catalina JazzTrax Festival - Catalina Island, CA
- Falcone Sounds - Zurich, Switzerland
- Harvelles - Santa Monica, CA